Thursday, July 29, 2010

Taxi!

My life changed forever on Saturday night.

Some friends and I were heading out. We had begun to walk when a cab rolled up beside us. I like to walk whenever possible, so I said we should ignore it and just head by foot.

That would have been a crucial mistake. We piled into the van and that’s when it happened. It turns out this cab was a Karaoke cab. That’s right, you heard it correctly. Karaoke. The cab came complete with a large screen displaying lyrics, a good sound system, and those spinning colorful light things. Epic. In my state of sheer excitement and happiness I completely forgot to snap some pictures. So you’ll just have to take my word on how amazing it was.

Why are these not more mainstream? Belting out jams in a cab over packed with happy people pretty much defines an excellent time. There has got to be a fabulous business opportunity there.

Needless to say, the cab ride home was among the most disappointing rides of my life. You mean to tell me there’s no singing in this cab?? Huh.

I guess its back to boring old taxis for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment