Thursday, July 8, 2010

Burberry Make-Up Now Online

Burberry Cosmetics are officially for sale at Nordstrom.com

The makeup, which is said to be based off of the classic Burberry trench, really couldn’t be anymore chic. Each product is housed in its own beautiful little metallic case. And, in case you’re one of those people who can’t seem to ever satisfy your need for the iconic Burberry plaid, fear not—the plaid design is imprinted on the foundations and lipsticks. You’ll be able to carry around plaid designs all day long.

Last summer, I attempted to swear off of Burberry. Why, you ask, would I ever consider attempting to ignore the perfect scarves, trenches and shoes of this London-based brand? I wasn’t terribly pleased with their choice of Emma Watson as the new face of the line. I don’t particularly have anything against the girl, but did she really need to get this too? She has more money than she can shake her wand at, her choice of attending any American university, and what seems like fifteen Harry Potter movies under her belt. And now, she has a serious advertizing campaign, and a closet stocked with Burberry gowns and clutches for all of her premiers...What am I left with? Ah yes, never ending reminders of it. I see her ubiquitous face whenever I walk through a mall and magazine I flip though.

Needless to say, my Boycott Burberry campaign was rather short winded. The clothes are beautiful and when push comes to shove, I suppose, Watson was a good business move…

1 comment:

  1. Back when I used to design, I admired Christopher Bailey's collections for Burberry Prorsum.

    ReplyDelete