Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Q&A

I’ve always enjoyed conducting interviews, especially when you talk to passionate people. My first official interview for a magazine story was with an amazing woman who founded a non-profit called Project Night Night. She was so enthusiastic about her organization and it was incredibly fun and easy to write the story afterwards.

This past week at Whirl I had the opportunity to interview Martin Yan, of Yan Can Cook! He’s by far the most famous person I’ve even interviewed. Of course, I was given about 15 minutes notice to prep for the interview, leaving me a bit nervous about what I would talk about with the celebrity chef. But it ended up going swimmingly—I’m excited I pulled that one off. I got ten minutes with him, but he didn’t seem to care that our interview went over 20. And to top it off, I got to dial a bay area number, oh how I’ve missed you San Francisco.

A condensed portion of the Q&A will be published in the January issue of Edible Allegheny.

No comments:

Post a Comment