Tuesday, April 12, 2011

These Toms Are Made For Walking

I used to write off Toms. Of course, I could get on board with it's awesome cause but I thought all you'd need was some neon colored Ray Bans and a fedora to complete the hipster identity. I found them rather funny (ie terrible) looking.

But before I left for my time in Italy I buckled; I was desperate for a pair of shoes to hike, sight see, and generally travel around in. But of course, I had no desire to look silly. I bought some comfy Toms (still wasn't totally ok with the purchase) but figured I may as well do some good with a questionable fashion choice.

Sometime during tromping around the ruins of Pompeii, biking through Barcelona, hiking in Cinque Terre and climbing along the coast of Ireland the Toms grew on me. I never got a blister (this is a miracle for me). While they'll certainly be left in Europe they hold a special place for me. And most importantly, I think it's possible to assemble a travel ready ensemble that goes quite well with Toms.

No comments:

Post a Comment