Sunday, April 17, 2011

Is It Spring? Or Am I Crazy?

The funny thing about Italians is that they dress for the calendar, not the weather.

As soon as I arrived to Italy I was overwhelmed by the thousands and thousands of puffy, shiny, jackets I spotted. Everywhere, in every color, with all sorts of variations. Some with fur, some with extra shine, some that had a bit of length. But they were all shiny and puffy. No question. (I’m sure they will arrive to the US sometime soon). They look like this:


I expected these jackets to disappear when spring arrived to Florence. Last week I was actually boiling in my shorts and blouse, only to be surrounded by Italians, still rocking these jackets. It’s spring, it’s not summer so the Italians just can’t peel off the layers quite yet… Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment