Monday, October 11, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football?

One of my biggest pet peeves is silly dressing for football games. It really drives me crazy. I love fashion and want to spend my life working in the industry but it has no place in football stadiums. None whatsoever, and I think it’s time that someone address this phenomenon.

The first fashion error committed at football games is the “feminine” jersey. Jessica Simpson attempted to make this one cute when sporting her pink and white Romo jersey up in the box while supporting her bf. You either support your team with the proper jersey or you don’t. No need for pink and rhinestones. This is football, after all.

This is getting picky, but I also have zero tolerance for personalized jerseys. You’re not on the team—no need to pretend. I suppose this isn’t a fashion mistake as much as disrespecting the game but I figured I should go ahead and throw that in here anyway.

Then there are the women who seem to be confused about where they are spending their afternoon. No ladies, you are not heading to the club. PLEASE take off the strappy prom shoes and switch that tight dress for some jeans. Sometimes I feel like they took their walk of shame right to the stadium and started tailgating. Again, satin dresses don’t mix with beer and bbqs.

No comments:

Post a Comment