Sunday, September 26, 2010

Interny things

This past week at my internship, I had my first ever “real intern” duties. Rushing around town, doing various errands a la internship from hell stories. And to be honest, I really couldn’t have enjoyed myself more. Strange, I know.

On Thursday I just did a bunch of returns, all over the city and its outskirts. I can tell you, there are a lot worse things than having a car full of fabulous clothes, home décor and expensive sunglasses. And best of all, you actually feel like you’re accomplishing something with each receipt that gets signed.

On Friday, I took on some marketing tasks. Whirl Magazine is having a coffee contest so I was sent out to promote it. Deliver posters and flyers to shops and generally spread the word. My poster hanging skills are pretty impeccable.

The contest is great. Pittsburghers get to vote on various categories like best latte, best live music, best ambiance, best fair trade brew etc.! If you live in the Pittsburgh area you should definitely vote here.

No comments:

Post a Comment