Monday, September 6, 2010

Blast from the Past

While looking through old photo albums from my friend's childhood, I came face to face with one of the biggest trends from the 90's: Butterfly clips.
These were all the rage. And they were everywhere. Some girls pulled back bangs with one clip. Others managed to put around 15 clips (all different sizes and colors of course) in their hair at once.

They were absolutely tacky and horrible. But, at the same time, I'm really not ashamed to say that I owned a clip or two because we were all tragic fashion victims-all constantly readjusting our butterfly clips after recess and morning snack. More than any other trend (albeit velvet overalls from Gap were also pretty excellent and prominent), this butterfly clips seemed to dominate children's fashion back in day. I really can't think of anything else that was more popular or extreme.

But I'll always have a soft spot for the glittery clips... And I'm definitely proud to be from generation butterfly clip, not generation Silly Bandz.

No comments:

Post a Comment